Thursday, January 6, 2011

Beautiful?

And just like that it is January. I have started many additions to this blog though none have made it to the final cut. It really has something to do with the fact that I'm so easily distracted. Or maybe it has something to do with my many excuses. Oh.. I can't write today - I'm hungry. I'm tired. Andy's home. I have to work. I can't possibly open up my computer. Scrapple smells and he may sit near me.

Actually, that was my excuse until a few minutes ago... He does smell. And he is sitting on my feet.

Regardless, here I am. I will write about the very first thing I think about. Guilt. I feel guilty. I have any unfinished projects and very little time and motivation. I'm floating and not really living. Just here. And there. But not anywhere in particular for any one reason. Also - I cannot seem to finish the book Eat, Pray, Love. Not sure why. I keep fighting with it. Moving on to something else and then meandering my way back. (I just smiled when I wrote the word meandering.. I like that word) (See what I mean about easily distracted!) Anyway, I picked up the book again today and found a quote that I had written on the back cover.

"You were given life; it is your duty (and also your entitlement as a human being) to find something beautiful within life, no matter how slight."

In this time. In this period of my life that feels so... blah (for the lack of better word), I will choose to find something beautiful. Even if it is the slightest thing. So... first post of the year, I shall.

1. I have a very handsome husband who loves me unconditionally.
2. I have a cute, albeit, stinky dog who probably loves my husband more than me but keeps me company and sits on my feet from time to time.
3. A job. Many people do not have one and I am incredibly thankful that I do.

...I think I will start small. I am hungry. Distraction. Crap. Oh well. Forgiveness is always necessary when you are desperate to become the person you are supposed to be.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post, Ashlee! Thanks for sharing your blog with me. You're a great writer. I've bookmarked it :)

    p.s. I tend to have that "floating" feeling all through winter. Motivation comes back when the sun does! For me, at least.
    p.p.s. I really hated the middle of Eat, Pray, Love. Don't feel bad :)

    ReplyDelete