Monday, May 2, 2011

Choosing Freedom

I am struggling with believing lies. God has made it all too obvious lately that he knows I am struggling with this. These lies aren't necessarily the lies that other people are feeding me, but the lies that are in my own mind. I received a daily devotional today. The devotional writer states, "The Bible says, 'Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus...' (Romans 8:1). In other words, when condemning accusations coil around my mind, I know - I can be fully assured - they're not from God. And if they're not from God, they're not worth believing."

She went on to say -
"I'm learning to combat the lies by submitting them to the Truth, Jesus.

When the enemy says, 'You're worthless.' Jesus says, 'You are a pearl of great value.' When the enemy states, 'No one will ever love you.' Jesus says, 'You are my beloved.' When the enemy says, 'God doesn't care.' Jesus says, 'I gave my life that you might have eternal life.'"

"While the enemy will continue to try and thwart God's truth, we can know he's already lost the battle. It's a done deal. In Genesis 3, we read that the head of the serpent will be crushed under Jesus' heel, defeating him for all time. He holds no real power over us."

...Despite everything going on in the world today, THAT is real freedom.

Here is the prayer from the end of the devotional and my prayer for today:

"Dear Lord, I pray that I'll recognize your voice above all others. Give me ears to hear You. Teach me how to live in the freedom of your truth and thank You for the gift of your grace.

In Jesus' Name, Amen."

Although it is a minute by minute challenge... today, by God's grace, I choose to live in freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment