Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Mourning A Fallen Brother.

Today my husband has funeral detail.
My husband is a Marine and will go to honor a fallen brother.
The Marine who died was killed in Afganistan.
My heart breaks for his family and friends.
I cannot even begin to imagine the loss they are feeling.
I cannot imagine the lack of understanding that consumes them.
I have been fighting off the thoughts and feelings
that come with this sort of thing.
It is difficult because I don't know the next time
my Marine will deploy.
I can only be thankful that he did come home.
I can only learn to better appreciate the time that I have with him now.
Because in truth, whether at war or just at home,
you never know which breath will be your last.
All I can say is thank you, LCpl. Michael L. Freeman, for your sacrifice.
Thank you, Freeman family, for the love and support you showed your Marine.
And as always, Semper fi.

No comments:

Post a Comment