Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Marine

My mind keeps going back to my husband.
After a deployment, life eventually goes back to normal.
My husband has been home for nine months now.
I forgot so quickly the pain of him being away.
I mean, I remember at times.
I'll shudder and think how terrible it was
but that burning pain that existed
while he was away is gone.
I physically ached for his presence.
Every moment was constant worry.
Every phone call became a haven of peace.
But even then, his life was in danger.
Even in the times that we laughed and joked on the phone,
he could have been taken from
me at any second.
I don't know what I would have done if I lost him.
As it was, I fell into a deeper depression than I had ever seen.
But he did come home.
And we forgot.
It's likely that he'll leave me again someday.
We will have to endure again.
I know that our love will never change
but we will go back to lives of constant worry.
I understand though.
I understand his need and want to serve his country.
I am so proud of him.
I will support him to the very end.
And my love for him will never change.
Here are some pics of my Marine.

No comments:

Post a Comment